Part-Time Production and Testing Technician
Electronics & Assembly Technician, Part-Time
Salary: Depending on experience and hours.
Closing date: 20-Nov-2021
Acksen Ltd design and develop hardware products under our Electrocorder and Live Alarm brands. Under our EINBREW brand we have developed a range of electronic controllers for the home, nano and micro-brewing markets.
We are seeking a good quality ‘hands-on’ Technician to manage our internal and subcontract manufacturing, working with suppliers, stock, the testing of products and quality control. As a small company we require an individual with good practical skills with a breadth of interests; we will reciprocate by giving the widest possible range of experience in all aspects of our business.
A position has become available for a Part-Time Production and Testing Technician. Role & requirements (please consider carefully the required experience below).
Hands-on experience requirements:-
Electro-mechanical product assembly.
High quality hand soldering of leads, connectors & PCBs (both PTH & SMT).
Production, (product assembly), with reference to Build Instructions.
Product testing, keeping records and fault diagnosis.
Product returns, inspection and testing of products, clear recording of your findings.
Organisation and filing of test results.
Readying products for stock, packaging, labelling and ultimately order dispatch. Testing, fault-finding and repair of circuit boards.
You must be motivated, thorough and reliable.
Other Possible Requirements:-
Stocking, storage, recording of components and subassemblies.
Updating of internal software systems with (sales) order progress.
Receiving goods, updating of internal systems with (purchase) order progress.
Creating lists of items for ordering, purchase requisitions.
Component storage and stocking.
You would be expected to learn and know the key characteristics and specifications of our product range.
We require an individual with at least 2 years’ experience in electronic product assembly, testing, possibly with calibration and repair. You will be familiar with circuit diagrams, schematics and CAD drawings. You will be someone that takes pride in their work, you will be meticulous, dexterous, careful and consistent. You will be used to and willing to work in a controlled procedural environment, which ensures staff safety, product safety and consistency of quality:-
- We would expect that you have an HND or possibly a degree in Electronic Engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience working in laboratory or electronic workshop environment.
- Excellent manual soldering skills, borne out of experience.
- Familiar with test procedures and equipment such as, bench multi-meters, oscilloscopes, AC & DC bench power supplies, function generators, as well as PCs.
- PC controlled test environments.
- Experience in working with mains voltages would be an advantage.
- Familiar with power hand tools and experience in product assembly.
- Familiar with stocking and the management of stock and components via software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, be able and willing to learn and follow procedures.
Send a full CV listing all relevant experience and qualifications to email addresses listed below, please include a covering letter telling us about yourself. Applications (full CV and covering letter) to email@example.com
All correspondence, including emails must have the reference “Technician-21”.
For more information on the company and contact details, visit:-