Support - Battery Holder Issue
A problem with the battery holder only used on the IP65 models has recently come to light, June 2002; models affected are only 'Electrocorder IP65' models - EC116/IP65, EC132/IP65 & EC164/IP65 only units produced PRIOR to JUNE 2002! - A normal battery holder is shown below.
The solution is simple, place an adhesive rubber instrument foot under the holder (adhered to the PCB), this will prop-up the sagging ends of the battery holder. See image below.
The 'rubber instrument foot' recommended is 12,7mm diameter and 3,6mm high and was supplied by RS Components, part number 233-540.
Only qualified technical personnel to replace the rubber foot:-
- Disconnect the unit from mains supply.
- Remove the 4 screw covers and remove the 4 screws.
- Clip the cable-tie and remove the battery.
- Pull up the back of the battery holder and insert the rubber foot (adhesive side down).
- Insert a new battery and secure with a new cable-tie.
- Replace the cover and insert the 4 screws and screw covers.